This scholarship is being offered to any college or law school student in Michigan or California that meets the following criteria:
- Must be in academic good standing;
- Must be accepted to be traveling to a place of interest;
- Must write a two page essay about your experience as a minor, how that has driven you to succeed, and why you want to travel and see this part of the world; and
- Must be doing something productive in your life that you can explain.
The scholarship will be paid in the amount of $500.00 to the applicant that best meets the above conditions. Please feel free to include a resume, social media link, or any other information that you deem relevant. Please include the contact person from your school, where the check for $500.00 can be made on your behalf to attend a study abroad program of your choice.
- Must have been involved as a minor in the foster care system, come from a single mother/father, or a divorced family;
Kyle attended the study abroad program in Melbourne, Australia and Christchurch, New Zealand. The experience down under was life changing. He attended the Australian Open Tennis Grand Slam, white water-raft in Queenstown, New Zealand, road tripped to Auckland, swam in the Indian Ocean in Perth, and forge new ideas about life. The goal of this scholarship is to promote international travel to those, who may not be able to afford it. When you step outside of your comfort zone is when you start to mature.
Presently, Kyle lives in Southern California as a practicing family and dependency law attorney. He has represented a wide variety of clients from indigent to celebrities.