Attorney Fees

Attorney Fees Lawyer in Long Beach, CA

If you are thinking about filing for divorce, but do not have the money for an attorney, there may exist the possibility of having your spouse pay for you attorney fees. The superior court has jurisdiction to award one party attorney fees and costs in a divorce proceeding. Family Code Section 210.

Two ways exist to get attorney fees from your spouse:

Need-Based: Pursuant to Family Code Sections 2030 and 2032, the court may order the payment of fees and costs as between the parties, based on their “relative circumstances” (the need for attorney fees and the ability to pay) in order to ensure parity of legal representation.

A Sanction (Penalty): Family Code Section 271 provides the court with a powerful weapon to deter flagrant uncooperative conduct in family law proceedings by assessing fees and costs as a sanction. This code section is not used as much as 2030 and need-based attorney fees.

For more information on how to get attorney fees from your spouse contact us at 562-653-4583.

At The Law Offices of Kyle R. Puro, our family law attorney in Long Beach, CA focuses on the following practice areas:

Office Location

Contact Our Firm

The Law Offices of
Kyle R. Puro

Request a Free Consultation

Contact our firm for assistance with your family law case today!

Copyright © 2024The Law Offices of Kyle R. Puro. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy Disclaimer Site Map