Newport Beach is a coastal city in Orange County, California. Blessed with a Mediterranean climate that is moderated by its proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Newport Beach has pleasant summer and winter temperatures. This city offers a wide range of choices for shopping, dining, accommodations, outdoor recreational activities and sight-seeing.
Newport Beach has a population of 87,273 with a median resident age of 44.6 years. 52.4% of the population are married and 11.1% are divorced. There are approximately 38,751 households and the median household income was $104,523. The city has ranked consistently high in terms of median family income and property values.
Claiming Spousal Support in Newport Beach
When couples contemplate divorce, spousal support is a common legal concern during the dissolution proceedings. Spousal support, also known as ‘alimony’, can be temporary or permanent.
Temporary spousal support aims to maintain the living standards of both parties until a permanent support order is determined and properties and obligations between the spouses are distributed.
Permanent spousal support seeks to provide a divorcing spouse with basic needs and a consistent lifestyle after divorce.
At The Law Offices of Kyle R. Puro, our family law attorney focuses on the following practice areas:
- Attorney Fees
- Child Abduction
- Child Custody
- Child Protective Services
- Child Support
- Common Law Marriage
- Defacto Parents
- Domestic Violence
- Father’s Rights
- Foster Care
- Retirement Distribution
- Same-Sex Couples and Paternity
- Spousal Support
Factors in Spousal Support
Duration of marriage: A marriage that lasts for 10 years or more are referred to as a long-term marriage which may be a significant factor in claiming permanent spousal support. Short-term marriages generally lead to spousal support for a period lasting half the term of the marriage.
Other factors that a judge may consider in determining the award for support include:
- Earning capacity of the paying party
- Needs of each party based on the living standards during the marriage
- Obligations and assets of each party
- Marketable skills of the supported party
- Age and health of the parties
- History of domestic violence between the parties
If you are contemplating divorce or have recently received a petition for dissolution, a family law attorney can help sort your legal issues and prepare the appropriate forms in your case.
In Newport Beach, Southern California, the Law Office of Kyle R. Puro has years of proven experience in spousal support, helping clients claim support that they legally deserve or modify support orders when they have experienced material change in circumstances.
We also handle other family law issues such as adoptions, child custody, child support, paternity, and child protective services. We invite you to call our offices today at (310) 462-6726 for a free consultation with one of our attorneys.
Directions to Long Beach Family Law Attorneys From Newport Beach, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Newport Beach, CA
Total Est. Time: 51mins
Total Est. Distance: 41.6 mi
- Head southeast on Via Oporto toward Via Lido
- Turn right onto Via Lido
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Newport Frontage Rd
- Keep left to continue on CA-55 N, follow signs for California 55 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 5A for State Route 73 S toward San Diego
- Keep left at the fork to continue on Exit 5B, follow signs for California 73 N/Interstate 405/Long Beach and merge onto CA-73 N
- Use the left 3 lanes to take exit 18A to merge onto I-405 N toward Long Beach
- Keep left at the fork to stay on I-405 N
- Take the I-605 N exit
- Continue onto I-605 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 11 to merge onto I-5 N/Santa Ana Fwy toward Los Angeles
- Use the left lane to take exit 130C to merge onto I-710 N toward Pasadena
- Take exit 21 toward Ramona Blvd
- Turn right onto Corporate Center Dr
- Turn left
- Destination will be on the left
We are located at:
1000 Corporate Center Dr Ste 430
Monterey Park, CA 91754