The city of Costa Mesa is located approximately 37 miles from Los Angeles and forms part of Orange County in California. In its most recent census it had a population of 112,174, of which 44.5% were married and 9.1% were divorced.
The median resident age is relatively young at 33.3 years. There were 39,946 households in Costa Mesa, of which 58.2% consisted of family households and 30.8% had children under 18 years old. The average household size had 2.68 people while the average family size had 3.3 persons.
Adoptions in Costa Mesa
Married couples and domestic partners living with step-children or their partners’ children often seek options to legalize the parent-child relationship, particularly when they already treat these children as their own. Under California family law, this is possible through a legal process known as adoption.
Adoption starts with a formal petition filed in court, and if granted by a judge, adoption has the effect of providing the adoptive parent with all the legal rights and responsibilities of a biological parent-child relationship.
At The Law Offices of Kyle R. Puro, our family law attorney focuses on the following practice areas:
- Attorney Fees
- Child Abduction
- Child Custody
- Child Protective Services
- Child Support
- Common Law Marriage
- Defacto Parents
- Domestic Violence
- Father’s Rights
- Foster Care
- Retirement Distribution
- Same-Sex Couples and Paternity
- Spousal Support
Who May Adopt
Anyone who is not biologically related to the person being adopted can generally file a petition for adoption, subject to certain qualifications. The most common type of adoption in California involves a step-parent or domestic partner adopting the child of their spouse or partner.
Other persons who may adopt include:
- A relative of the child who has been caring for the child
- Someone not related to the child by blood and who is at least 10 years older
The other biological parent who does not take part in the adoption must be notified of the adoption proceedings and be given the chance to appear in court and express their opinion on the adoption petition.
If your spouse or partner is contemplating adoption of your biological child, it makes sense to find the other biological parent and obtain a written consent to the adoption. If you are unable to locate the other parent, your family law attorney can help you get a court order to end the other person’s parental rights.
In Costa Mesa, Southern California, the Law Offices of Kyle R. Puro has years of successful experience in adoption, helping children establish legal parental relationships in a family environment. We also handle other types of family law cases such as child protective services, child support, paternity, and child custody.
We invite you to call our offices today at 562-653-4583 to speak to one of our attorneys about your situation. We provide free consultation.
Directions to Long Beach Family Law Attorneys From Costa Mesa, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Costa Mesa, CA
Total Est. Time: 44 mins
Total Est. Distance: 39.7 mi
- Head northeast on Newport Frontage Rd toward Harbor Blvd
- Keep left to continue on CA-55 N, follow signs for California 55 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 5A for State Route 73 S toward San Diego
- Keep left at the fork to continue on Exit 5B, follow signs for California 73 N/Interstate 405/Long Beach and merge onto CA-73 N
- Use the left 3 lanes to take exit 18A to merge onto I-405 N toward Long Beach
- Keep left at the fork to stay on I-405 N
- Take the I-605 N exit
- Continue onto I-605 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 11 to merge onto I-5 N/Santa Ana Fwy toward Los Angeles
- Use the left lane to take exit 130C to merge onto I-710 N toward Pasadena
- Take exit 21 toward Ramona Blvd
- Turn right onto Corporate Center Dr
- Turn left
- Destination will be on the left
We are located at:
1000 Corporate Center Dr Ste 430
Monterey Park, CA 91754